8.03.2009

Change of Plans

Garrett and I had a wonderful weekend, we had originally planned on being in Seattle to hang out with my friend, Diana who was coming into town from Tampa with her boyfriend, Kyle. Well, long story short, Kyle woke up in pain the night before their flight. Diana took him to the ER where the Doctors determined he had appendicitis and kidney stones and had to go into surgery to get his appendix removed. (Thank God he wasn't 3500 feet in the air when his pain started) Everything went well and I hear that Kyle is recovering well and is already up and walking.

Soooo, what were Garrett and I to do with our now open weekend?? Well, we made a few phone calls and Garrett's Grandparents, Jeanne and Dave, invited us to join them along with Mike and Sandy on their beautiful sailboat, Spirit of Kazan...

Photobucket

Isn't she a beauty?! Man we could not refuse this offer, so Friday after work we packed up our things for the weekend and set out for the beach house. We arrived right after dinner and sailed to Port Ludlow where we anchored for the first night.
Photobucket
Photobucket
We caught a beautiful sunset on the way to Port Ludlow!

On Saturday morning we woke up to a foggy harbor and decided to let the fog clear before setting out. Jeanne, Sandy and I spent the morning reading on deck (I wish I would have snapped a photo of us) while the guys got things ready for our day. After lunch we set out for our next destination.
Photobucket
3 Generations of Kelly's.. Mike, Dave and Garrett!
Photobucket

Photobucket
This was my favorite seat of the weekend.. No, your eyes are not fooling you, it was pretty rough sailing on Saturday! Luckily, I didn't get sea sick and passed the sailing test! ;)

We arrived at our final destination, Port Townsend and it was time for some yummy crab cocktail...
Photobucket
I even managed to get a photo of this guy....
Photobucket
...meet Buddy the sailor cat. I don't think there is anything cooler than a cat who loves to travel via sailboat. I mean seriously!

Photobucket
Mike grilled up some delicious steaks for dinner. We had peach ice cream for dessert and Jeanne taught me how to play Cribbage.
Photobucket
Can't get much better than this, thanks Jeanne and Dave for having us!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful sunsets!! And I LOVE Buddy the sailing cat, that's great!

The Williamson's said...

That looks like so much fun! I'm glad y'all had a great weekend. I wish Chase and I knew someone with a sailboat.
Have a good week!

Courtney said...

Gorgeous sailing pics- what fun!