8.27.2009

Another one bites the dust...(!!!)

I'm thrilled to announce that my bestest friend Katie, whom I've know since I was 12, is ENGAGED!

Last night they were in Florence, Al for a "Surprise Wedding Shower" for Wes' sister (who is also engaged). He took her to a beautiful historic property that his family owns and got down on one knee and asked Katie to marry him! Katie said she almost fell over with excitement!! {She also assured me that there was a photographer there taking pictures which of course I'll update when they're ready in about a week} Then to top off their evening Wes not only arranged for his family to celebrate their engagement, but he also arranged for her family to drive up from Birmingham to be there as well - I love this! Turns out both families were hiding in a barn near their engagement spot! He made that moment so very special for Katie!
Photobucket
Congrats you two!! I am THRILLED and can't wait to start planning!!!!

ps-I would like to vote on the above photo for your engagement photo - I love it!!
pps-War Eagle - had to sneak that in!

ETA: As promised here is a slideshow of their engagement!

2 comments:

Konie said...

Congrats to Katie : )

Rachael said...

Congrats to your friends! Cute sunflower photo!