6.18.2011

Catch up Post

We've been quite busy these last couple months.

1. To celebrate both Melissa and my Birthdays, Sandy took us to see Mary Poppins at the Paramount. We had happy hour before the show at a restaurant that none of us had tried before called Urbane, it was delicious and close to the Theatre. Mary Poppins was a fun show - filled with tons of songs and a couple talented actors!

2. Memorial Day weekend we packed Lola up and headed over the North Cascade Highway for camping in Twisp with Brian and Sara and their pups - Keema a Boston Terrier and Penney a Terrier/Chihuahua mix. It was a fun weekend of relaxing and catching up with friends albeit the cooler than normal temps. The pups were worn out on the long drive home - mission accomplished. :)
Photobucket Photobucket

3. After presenting my 20 page research paper on Corporate Giving, I finally finished my Fundraising Management Certificate program at University of Washington, Tacoma! I am so glad that I decided to go back to school last September. I learned a ton about fundraising and met some amazing contacts in Tacoma. A special shout out to Garrett for unselfishly supporting my decision to go to school two nights a week and picking up the grocery shopping, cooking, etc. when I was at class in the evenings. I am seriously blessed with an amazing husband.

4a. Lindsey was working in Dallas and decided that since she was half way to Seattle, why not pop in for the weekend? And so she did!!!! It was a much needed sister trip for both of us and I'm so glad she got to meet Lola while she is still in her puppy phase. We couldn't have asked for better weather and she had never visited Seattle in the spring, she loved that everything was in full bloom and the fact that is wasn't 100 degrees!
Photobucket
Greenlake walking!
Photobucket
Lindsey fell in love with "Lola-bean"

4b. The same weekend Lindsey popped into town, myself and Amy hosted a baby shower for a sweet friend, Stephanie. She is due in late August and the gender is a surprise! It was a blast celebrating mini McKinnie and I am so glad I had Lindsey's help with prepping for the Shower!
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

5. Garrett is in full Ironman training mode - his race is in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho next weekend! He and his training buddy, Mike, we're in Coeur d'Alene the same weekend I hosted Steph's shower. They were riding the course to preview it before the race. During the shower, I got a phone call from Garrett and he said "Well, today we learned that helmets work..." I knew that something had happened. He was riding and ran over a stick and had his first wreck on the bike. Thankfully, he was okay and walked away with only a bit of road rash on his arm. Had to get a new helmet and replace his handlebars on his bike, which he wanted to do anyway before the race. He saved the evil stick that caused the wreck, ha!
Photobucket

6. Last Sunday, I surprised Garrett with a getaway for just us. I bought a groupon a few months ago (when I was in full school/Walk MS mode) to Suncadia that included a night stay at the Lodge and a couple spa vouchers. We spent all day on Monday at the spa. I got a facial and Garrett and I relaxed in the mineral baths, saunas, and steam room. It was the most relaxing, reconnection overnight getaway!
Photobucket

7. Life is good :)

0 comments: